Advice for homeowners with this impending storm
Advice to help prevent storm damage this week with the huge storm about to hit Ireland.
1. Check the condition of your entire roof area, including the flasia and soffett. Have a roofer repair any loose or damaged roof tiles, slates or ridge tiles. Remember minor damage now can be a lot worse later as it allows wind to penetrate during teh storm and eventially this will become worse. If your property happens to have a flat roof or a felt roof have it checked for damage also. Unfortunately most insurers in Ireland dont cover flat roofs, but it must be stated on your policy whether or not one exists at your premises
2. At lease twice a year, clear your gutters and downpipes of any debris and weeds, and check that they are securely fixed to help prevent damage during stormy conditions.
3. Check the lead flashings and repair if needee to prevent water penetration during stormy conditions.
4. Any trees that are in close proximity to buildings need to be checked to make sure they are sturdy and remove any overhanging branches.
5. Light garden furniture should be put away securely and at this time of year trampolines should be taken down and stored away or securely fixed to the ground.
How do I make a claim for Storm Damage?
Storm damage at your home can be extremely inconvenient in all sorts of ways.
As soon as the safety aspects are dealt with, the most important thing is to try and return your life to normal at the earliest possible opportunity.
This is where we come in. If you have suffered domestic storm damage, the very best advice we can give you is to contact us as soon as possible - whether or not you have already made your claim. We have helped many people in circumstances similar to yours and know exactly how you feel and the problems you are facing. We will support you every step of the way and will do our very best to ensure that you do not lose out financially or otherwise.
We are available as always on 0876487466 or 0429376872 (Office Hours).
Make An Insurance Claim Request A Callback