Learn About The Claims Process
The following is a step-by-step guide to the complete claims process.
Make An Insurance Claim
Request A Callback
- The Policy holder (YOU) calls OCAD to report a claim.
- We call to your home to assess the damage to the property.
- After which we examine the policy cover, its terms and conditions.
- Our office will report your claim to your insurance company and arrange a suitable time for the insurance adjuster to accompany us back to your home.
- One of our qualified assessors will quantify the amount of the claim.
- Once the amounts are cross checked against your particular policy we present a full claims report to your insurance company of their appointed loss adjuster.
- Through a series of meetings, phone calls and emails we then negotiate settlement on behalf of the policyholder with their insurance company or the appointed loss adjuster.
- Where necessary, we can arrange temporary accommodation or alternative premises as appropriate under the terms of the policy. We have strong links with various letting agents throughout Ireland.
- We can also negotiate interim payments with the insurer if necessary.
- In addition to all of the above we offer advice on all matters relating to property losses.
- Our main goals are to push for the claim to be settled quickly and favourably.
- During the reinstatement works we can manage the supervision of repair works if necessary.
- We can also advise the policy holder on adequate cover at time of renewal.