Flood Damage Advice
As well as taking the time to protect your house against flooding, there are some things you can do to be prepared for a flood, so that when it comes you are ready and know what to do to make sure that you, your family and your most precious belongings are safe.
Floods typically can happen very quickly and without any warning what so ever, so it is always a good idea to have a plan in place so that everyone knows what to do in case of an emergency.
Important First Steps
1. Turn off all electricity and gas supplies which may be affected by water and unplug any electrical items.
2. Move important or costly possessions and important documents such as passports, deeds etc upstairsfor their protection and move other lightweight furnishings upstairs.
3. Pack up sentimental items into water resistant bags and move them to upstairs if possible.
4. Stock up on sandbags and place them in doorways to fight the water ingress.
5. Raise other furniture on concrete blocks if there are any available possible to avoid them becoming damaged.
6. If you need to leave your home ensure that it is locked and protected, and make provisions for any pets or animals.
If needs be,please inform any friends or relatives of you have to leave the premises to seek alternative accomodation. If there are any elderly of disabled persons living nearby, please take the time to chack on them.
Your first priority is yourself and your family, make sure everyone is safe. Call us as soon as you can get to a phone. We should be able to advise you the best course of action, depending on the severity of the damage. Make a record of damaged items using a camera.
We can be contacted 24 hrs a day 7 days a week on 1890 247911 or 0876487466 and we will advise you of what channels to take in the event of all types of claims. Our qualified staff will guide you from the first call and visit your premises within 48 hours (nationwide).
Signed:Stephen O'Connor, Property Insurance Claims Advisor.
087 648 7466 - phone 7 days a week for advice.
Please also send a text message for an immediate reply.
Make An Insurance Claim Request A Callback